What is involved in a landscaping project?
We realize that some projects around the house can be daunting and we would like to help you gain a better understanding of what is involved. If you seek more information, please contact us and we will be happy to explain.
Begin by collecting ideas. This could include:
- What does your dream yard look like?
Brainstorm: Make a list of non-negotiables and 'Nice, but not required'.
- Think about spaces you want to create.
A well planned landscape should be an extension of your inside space to the outdoors. What do you want to be able to do in the space? Here are a few ideas: Entertain, relax, recreational activities, utility space. The better you can describe how you wish to use it, the better we can help you .
- Do you require shade, privacy, high visibility or wind protection?
- Plants: Do you enjoy hummingbirds, butterflies or bees? What about colours of the leaves or blossoms? What about trees and bushes?
- Seach the Internet for images. Just type an idea into Google (such as "Goldfish Pond") and click on the 'Images' option. Click the preview, right click the larger image and choose "Save Image As". Save it to your computer and email it to us.
- Visit our Idea Books on Houzz for inspiration.
- Take photos: Pictures of plants, features or landscape designs you like so the next time you see something interesting, take out your phone and shoot it!
Having a budget for your landscaping project is very important. There is often no need to get everything sone at the same time, making a larger project more affordable and may offer many other benefits, including:
- How much do you want to spend?
This is a pretty huge factor to consider. Landscape projects can be costly but if you plan properly you can do it over a period of time. There are many benefits, including:
- Worknig in stages will be easier on your pocket book and you can enjoy your yard earlier than if you had to wait to do everything at once.
- Ideas may change and plans can be adjusted. You may decide that adding a water feature is now more interesting than the retaining wall you considered just last year. This may also result in potential savings, if your future plans turn out to be less involved.
- Prioritize: What do you want most?
Logical thinking- You may want to have your front yard landscape but if you finish it you may not have access into the back yard. Planning for the future will help keep your costs down and prevent you from having to redo something that was already completed.
- Level of involvement: Working as a team
Would you like to do some of the work yourself or would you rather leave everything to us?
- Quality: You do not always have to go with the most expensive products but sometimes spending a bit more now will prevent you from having to redo something later.
A great example is iInstalling a lawn: Adding the proper amount of quality topsoil will make a huge difference down the road. If the root system does not have the proper foundation to grow, grass cannot establish and you may end up with a lot of weeds instead of a lush, green lawn.
Once you have a few ideas and rough budget we meet with you to discuss options. If the project is large, it can be set up in stages over a period of time.
We can help you determine what steps should be taken to help you achieve your dream landscape with a cost effective long term plan.
Once we determine what you want we can prepare a written estimate. If the cost is determined to be above your budget we will make adjustments to the scope of work to fit within your budget amount.
We can also discuss the option of you doing some of the work yourself, saving you even more money. Please note we may not be able to offer a warranty for certain products or services unless we perform all work ourselves.
Once the budget is determined and the estimate approved, you will receive a written work agreement to be signed by both parties.
We then plan a start date for the project. We will do our best to accomodate your schedule but certain factors need to be considered, like the type and scope of project, time of year, other contractors and the weather. In case of delays, we do our best to keep you informed.
Once the project is complete, we will provide information concerning required maintenance, warranties, and equipment manuals and training if required
Regardless of the job, we will always be able to provide after-care and offer assistance for anything we install.
We have been providing quality service for 50 years and stand behind our products and workmanship. We invite you to review comments from our happy clients.