Frequently Asked Questions
Let us help you
Maintaining your property can be challenging. Below is a collection of common inquiries we have come across over the years and we hope this information will be helpful.
If you have questions or concerns not listed, please contact us and we will do our best to address them. Why not set up a no-obligation appointment? We love what we do and will be happy to assist.
- Consider how long the company has been in business
- Ask whether they have professional industry affiliations
- Make sure they have a proven track record of customer satisfaction
- Ask for client testimonials
- Do they carry appropriate liability coverages?
- Do they provide their employees with Workmans' Compensatition coverage?
- Will they provide a written quote and follow up with a proper invoice complete with HST tax number?
- Does the company provide its employees with proper measure to ensure their safety in the work environment?
- Do they offer follow-up maintenance services?
Our goal is to able to work safely and efficiently to deliver a high level of client satisfaction and value.
- Defining a budget allows us to allocate the clients resources most effectively.
- Setting a budget allows us to help the client determine what is most important and helps to guide the client towards suitable alternative options towards their goal.
- In some cases we may be able to help clients set longer term goals with proper planning thru the use of design and consultation.
- Developing a budget helps to develop trust between us and the client.
When comparing quotes, keep in mind you get what you pay for. Our prices are very competitive and ensure you receive outstanding value.
Consider the following:
- We own most of our own equipment and maintain it on a regular basis.
- We have a full safety program, carry the highest liability protection in the industry and have WCB coverage so we can offer you peace of mind.
- We provide our staff with proper training, and have numerous certifications and licenses that must be maintained to serve our clients with year round service.
- We will be back the next year to carry on catering to our clients' needs.
Yes, MacIntosh Landscaping provides monthly billing for contracted customers. One-time customer will receive invoices upon job completion. The majority of invoicing is now done via email or paper bills but are sent out if requested. We accept payment in the form of Visa, MasterCard, and cheques. Clients can also pay their bill via e-transfer payments through most major banks.
Water features, green roof landscapes, hydro-seeding, brick paver and natural stone patios, retaining walls, rain gardens to name a few.
A well planned, well maintained landscape can increase the value of your home by as much as 15%!
- Applying limestone to you lawn is a very effective way to help keep your lawn healthy
- In our area, generally speaking, soil acidty is very low. Proper soil acidity (PH) should be between 6.0-6.5. Most soils in the area have a PH of around 4.0-4.5.
- Having a proper soil acidity (PH) allows your fertilizer to be absorbed by the plant more effectively.
- Lime takes approximately 6months to work its way down to the actual soil
- Pelletized lime is best to apply because it doesn’t blow away.
- Always apply lime at the proper rate. Generally speaking, lime should be applied at a rate of 14kg per 1000 sq ft. (a 10,000 sq.ft. lawn requires 10 bags)
- Trees are not only important for using up carbon dioxide and giving off oxygen for us to breathe.
- They provide shade and can lower the temperatures on a hot sunny deck by 10-15 degrees.
- Trees close to the house help to conserve energy by cooling the home in the summer (which means turning down the air conditioner) and provide shelter from winds in the winter to help keep our homes warmer.
- Trees help to prevent erosion. A properly planted, well established tree can help filter water, their roots can help to absorb excess moisture and prevent washouts from heavy run off.
- From a landscape beautification standpoint, trees look nice and can add curb appeal and value to your home.